Hello Everyone! I hope you’ve all had a lovely weekend. I spent the weekend window shopping in Portland, eating macaroons (rose and crème brûlée, anyone?), redesigning Style Context for its transition to wordpress.org (coming soon!), trying to cook quinoa-chickpea-beet veggie burgers only to have them fall apart (I’m only a novice cook, after all), and of course blogging. I also received news that one of my posts – – made IFB’s Links à la Mode Roundup! As someone who enjoys DIY posts on other blogs, and frequently repins DIY links on Pinterest, I understand the value of sharing such posts and will continue to write them. You can check out my DIY Beauty Hacks, as well as the 19 other amazing articles that made the roundup, some of which include other DIY tips. Read below for the IFB post and links.
Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup
By: Jennine Jacob
On a Trend Bender
Summer is actually the best time to play around with trends. You know why? Because summer is the the best time play around in general! With all the bold colors and prints, the great summer sales, and gorgeous weather, its hard not to get caught up in the spirit of going bold. This weeks roundup has wonderful links to get you in the mindset to try new trends, even ones you dont think youd look good in. Weve even got a great DIY for leather shorts, if youre crafty and dont want to shell out the dough for a store-bought pair. And even if youre not crafty, theres a great guide to hitting the summer sales. If youre anything like me, its too easy to get caught up in a good deal, so I need all the help I can get not to overspend. Anyway, here are the links for the week. Enjoy!
Links à la Mode: July 25th, 2013
- Attire Club: 16 Creative Ways To Tie Your Laces
- Confessions of a Style Cookie: Fashion Films | Chanel and Dior
- Healthy Fashionista: Cruisin With Kale
- Flatsmeup: DIY LEATHER SHORTS
- Frantic but Fabulous: How to dress for a job interview at a creative workplace
- My Beauty Box Review: How to Avoid Subscription Box Scams
- Nothing to Wear: Christian Louboutin: Why Women Wear Heels
- Rose and Pine: Who Wears Short Shorts: A Guide to the Summer Staple
- Runaway Monk: What to buy on sale?
- Sarahs Real Life: 4 Tips for Proper Print Mixing
- Savagem: So much more than a manbag: accessories from Scandinavia
- Shell Chicd: Dress For Less: How to be an Online Shopping Pro
- Spectacular Is.. Applying Glasses Makeup!
- Stilettos and Tequila: Shopaholic Remedy: 10 Reasons Why Shopping Sucks
- Style Context: 7 DIY Beauty Hacks — Yours Truly <3
- Style Vanity: Trendy Summer Prints Guide
- The Curvy Elle: Plus Size Cuffed Shorts DIY
- The Penny Rose: 5 Trends You Think You Cant Pull OffBut Actually Can
- The Style Enigma: How to: Dress Up Your Denim
- Wishing for Chanel: Bold vs Bare: The Great Summer Make Up Debate