If you’re anything like me, you’re excited to begin wearing fall clothes but not looking forward to the temperature dropping (can I have my cake and eat it, too?). This week’s fab finds theme “primping for fall” means making minor adjustments to your summer wardrobe for the upcoming season while indulging in an investment piece or two. for more fall inspiration.
1. Vogue Mexico, September 2013. I can’t get enough of the fashion editorials in the September issue of Vogue (see last week’s). This one from Vogue Mexico proves florals aren’t confined to summer. If anything, sunny florals are more intriguing when juxtaposed with moody hues.
2. Stuart Weitzman Dale Bootie. If I had the luxury to make one shoe investment this season it would be for these utilitarian and urban booties from Stuart Weitzman. With a sturdy heel and leather material, I could see wearing these booties for several seasons. Now that’s an investment worth making.
3. Sweet Potato Casserole courtesy of Skinny Taste. Ok, admittedly, I haven’t tried this but doesn’t it look hearty and scrumptious? It reminds me of Thanksgiving, but I think it would make a perfect side dish to any party this fall. It’s food like this that makes me look forward to the season. Get the recipe here.
4. Tarte Brow Mousse. Lately, I am in a thick eyebrow phase in which I am desperately trying to get full eyebrows like Cara Delevingne (I even wrote a post about it!). If castor oil doesn’t do the trick fast enough, this mousse seems like a good candidate to fake the look judging by the rave reviews. I haven’t tried it but would like to, and will be sure to write a review once I do (if you’ve tried it, please fill me in on it in the comments!).
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs Goodbye Columbus Mini Bag. It’s rare to see me carrying anything other than a large handbag, but this lightweight maroon bag from Marc Jacobs looks very liberating for days when I don’t need to carry my Macbook Air around. That maroon color is gorgeous, too.
What are your favorite finds this week? Let me know in the comments and I just might feature them next week!