One of the great things about having a blog is that I can curate beauty survival kits for myself and my fellow readers. When it comes to the beach, your #1 skincare essential is (and should be!) sunscreen. But aside from the obvious, there are other essentials that may slip from a busy beauty’s mind. I’m all about minimalism (well, sometimes), so here’s my list of 7 must-haves for basking in the sun:
- Blowpro Beach Blow: the experts at NYC’s blow dry bar know what it takes to get tousled beach hair. For straight hair: just spritz, blow dry and scrunch. For curly hair: apply to damp hair, blow dry straight and use fingers to twirl hair.
- Twistband: I have been kind of obsessed with braids lately (see my Pinterest board for DIY braid inspiration) and this twistband is great for holding any style. Now, if only I can master the waterfall braid…
- LORAC Tantalizer: I don’t believe in tanning salons, but I am a strong believer in body makeup, so I opt for this bronzing makeup for a healthy glow.
- Yes to Carrots Color balm: a sulfate-free moisturizing balm with a tint of color? Yes, please!
- Supergoop! Sunscreen Mist with Vitamin C: I prefer many things in spray form. This rings especially true when it comes to sunscreen, which calls for reapplication every two hours (who has time for that?). It also contains vitamin C which helps protect skin from damage and boost collagen production.
- Oscar de la Renta Something Blue: I discovered this lightweight, floral scent after I received it in my June Birchbox. Its versatility can be applied for several occasions – wedding, beach, casual day, work, etc. Love it!
- CôTZ Face: This is probably the best sunscreen I’ve ever used on my face. Because it has a translucent blend, it doesn’t flake off like white-based sunscreens. I wore this at the beach and it did an amazing job of protecting my skin from damage – I didn’t even get a sunburn!